Monday, January 19, 2015

Practice Blog

Outline:
Kelsey Crawford

MS Native

•Hunter•Photographer•Fisher•Adventurer•Crafter•

University of South Alabama Elementary Education Major
"A teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart" -Author Unknown

About Me:
I'm Kelsey, a current student and future educator. My hometown is 63 miles west of Mobile on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. D'Iberville, MS is just small town quickly becoming a big city. Fortunately, my town has everything I need to fulfill my many passions. Just 5 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from the woods, my outdoor personality fits in just right. I am a photographer on the Gulf Coast and an avid hunter and fisher. Indoors I love crafts and "up-cycling" furniture. Hot chocolate, daisies, and the smell of the ocean are only a few of my favorite things. One day I hope to travel to Europe to fulfill my dream of touring through Italy experiencing all of the great sights and foods that the "Boot Country" has to offer.
Choosing South was not a hard decision. I toured South in 2012, my junior year of high school, and instantly fell in love. What isn't there to love? Okay, the rain isn't the best, but it isn't THAT bad. It is close to home; close to the beach; and most of all, still in the nice, warm South. I have met many great friends while at South, and hope to make many more. The teachers here, especially in the College of Education, are excellent, and the school in general is moving up tremendously. I couldn't' have made a better decision!
I have always wanted to become a teacher since I was little. In my first grade play "What I want to be," I even dressed up as a teacher, complete with a stack of textbooks and my favorite pens. As a teacher I hope to make a difference in every little life that enters my classroom. The role of an educator never changes, but only gets better. While the list could go on forever, there are three main things that every amazing teacher should embody:
1. A passion for educating.
2. The will to not only be a teacher, but a learner as well.
 3. An open mind and an open heart.

Image Source: Kelsey Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment